Tuesday, August 20, 2013

2nd Quarter Change Up

Today is my birthday. I am now 26 years old. For the past quarter century I've been living the typical young person's life. I was in school, hung out with friends, and had a girlfriend. But starting in my early twenties I've changed into a more mature individual. I got married, bought a house, and I am a father (many of these things happened before I was 25).

Now, the first quarter is done and history. Today starts my first day in the 2nd quarter. When I think about the this time, I think about having a career, and settling down in a location that I'll be in for a while; however, this economy says different. Jobs and careers are moving toward freelance and temp work. Mobility is going to become more important than ever. People need to start viewing themselves not as employees, but as freelancers and business owners. If this doesn't sound appealing, then just remember you'll be competing with other people for less pay and reduced benefits. Also, health care is going to more expensive, so with all this doom and gloom what can we do? How can I make the 2nd Quarter better?

Two goals. Run my business through my iPhone as much as possible, and to better myself, follow the Quantified self movement.

My new goals will follow the SMART goal planning. I will also track my heart rate (stress levels), calories, movement, and how I spend my time. The apps I am using are: My Fitness Pal, Cardiio, Moves, and Chronos.

For my business, I am researching some KPIs and other metrics to help me achieve my goals.

I know being 26 is going change everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment